Liability insurance provides protection to insured in various legal situations. This insurance is specifically for protection against Individual or Professional mishaps.
Situations where insured are called to the courts of law due to acts they themselves, their family members or their employees could have done negligently or otherwise and which may have caused bodily injuries or deaths to other people or damage to property of others.
Professionals like Engineering and other Consultants can often be exposed to legal suits due to acts of negligence in their profession. Court cases against consultants in various fields have resulted in the awarding of huge sums of monies to claimants. In view of which such professionals revert back to insurance companies for protection against legal battles.
Trust Yemen offers the Professional Indemnity Policy which indemnifies the Insured in respect of the Insured's legal liabilities for any Third Party Claim which meets the following requirements:
Any third party claim must:
- for compensatory damages, such indemnity to include claimant's cost and approved defence costs and expenses,
- Be first made against the Insured during the policy period,
- Be for bodily injury, material damage or construction damage arising from a negligent act, error or omission committed or alleged to have been committed or omitted (as the case may be) by the Insured during the policy period.
- Arise out of the ordinary course of the performance of professional services by the insured,
- Relate to a negligent act, negligent error or negligent omission which was or may have been or is alleged to have been committed or omitted (as the case may be). The rate chargeable is always applied on basis on the limit of indemnity, turn over and the type of activities in which the insured is involved and is very dependent to the nature of works, risks and exposure involved. There is a Deductible for each and every loss in number of other Conditions.